Gladstone Sports Park
A few years ago, the City of Gladstone made renovations to the Ski Park adding more than just skiing. The ski hill is a beginner to intermediate with 130' vertical drop, 3 rope tows, 1 wire, and 1 t-bar. A snowboard run with regulation half-pipe, 3 tube runs and lifts were added. This enhanced the activity, now giving more people a chance to use the hill. Also available is the indoor chalet for food and warmth. They have rerouted the Snowmobile Trail that follows the skiing area. The trail has been moved to stay away from activity, greatly minimizing the danger of accidents.
The Sports Park is a 40 acre complex which includes 2 ball fields, 5K cross-country trail and ski area which offers skiing, snow board, half pipe and terrain garden, tubing hill, lodge and concessions. The lodge is available for private ski and tube parties in the winter and receptions in the summer. The park is located on North Bluff Drive.
Whether it is night or day, spring, summer, or winter or fall, for kids, Delta County has it all. Take a good look at all the fun to be had, when you take a Michigan day trip to Delta County with your Mom and Dad.
Delta County - A year round playground for the child in all of us.
- Miniature Golf, Go Karts, and Bumper Boats are fun for all at the Family Fun Park.
- See your favorite characters up on the screen at the Willow Creek Cinema 8.
- Take a swim or play in the gym at the Delta County YMCA.
- Use your imagination and travel to a faraway land while playing at Kid's Kingdom in Gladstone, or Harbor Hideout in Escanaba.
- Jump to new heights as you sail down the half pipe at the Gladstone Skate Park.
- Lose yourself in the gigantic maze of corn at the Hayes Corn Maze.
- Take a turn on the lanes and go for a strike at Escanaba's Bowl-a-Rama.
- You have the potential to be the next great artist, get some inspiration or fine tune your talent at the Bonifas Art Center.
- In the winter months warm up your triple axle and skate away the cold at the many fine ice rinks.
- Or you can go snowboarding, sledding, or tubing at Gladstone Ski Hill.
The Gladstone Skate Park is free and offers skateboarders of all levels the opportunity grab some big air, ride the rails, or simply roll around on the shores of Little Bay de Noc. The Skateboard park is located in Gladstones Vancleve Park and is steps away from the beach and the sand volley ball courts.
The park is comprised of a half pipe, several ups and downs, ramps, and railings. Please follow the recommended safety rules and wear proper equipment when using the park.